Aquaponics is a type of poly-culture which offers all the benefits of its predecessor’s aquaculture (the farming of aquatic organisms) and hydroponicsRead more...
Our current food system is unsustainable due to a mismatch in supply and demand. The global population is roughly 7 billion and the United Nations (UN)Read more...
The British Aquaponic Association(BAQUA) is a Community Interest Company with the mission to use aquaponics to create and promote food security, health, environmental, social and economic benefits for all communities in the UK and abroad.
BAQUA will use aquaponics to achieve the following aims:
1) Promote and facilitate the production of sustainable edible plants and fish.
2) Improve food security.
3) Revitalise unused buildings and/or urban and rural land.
4) Create income-generating and skill-building opportunities for vulnerable groups.
5) Link people together and strengthen community networks.
6) Raise awareness and educate people on its benefits.